The enterprise renders services for thermal (annealing, normalization, quenching and tempering) and chemical and thermal (box hardening and gas treatment in the “fluidized bed” (fluidization), nitrocarburizing in the “fluidized bed”, bright hardening) treatment of parts from structural and tool steels.
The fluidization represents a heterogeneous system consisting of small particles (0,6 … 1,2 mm) of the specific catalyst and stream of the air or gas-air mixture passing through a layer of particles and producing an intensive stirring reminding “a viscous boiling liquid”. Main features of the fluidization are the big thermal capacity and the heat conductivity so that a high uniformity of temperature inside the working space is created. The speed of heating of parts and the uniformity of warming up are comparable to the salt- bath heating.
Following features of the fluidization belong to advantages of this treatment method:
- environmental safety as the components which are a part of the gas atmosphere burn down with formation of mainly neutral gases (CO2, H2, H2O and N2), and the material of the “fluidized bed” – alumino-nickel- magnesium catalyst (NAM) is not reactive. Therefore there is no risk of explosion even if water or oil will get in small amounts into the hot medium;
- fast heating of charges (such as in salt- bath);
- lack of scale and decarbonization when heating through the use of the nonoxidizing heating. As a nonoxidizing medium an adjustable air-gas atmosphere (propane- butane or natural gas with air) is applied;
- high cleanliness of the surface that excludes a need of the cleaning of parts after fluidization;
- fast bringing of the furnace to ready for use condition;
- small deformability of products through the short duration of processes and the uniformity of heating.